25 March 2007

Watercress Soup and Indian Buffet, Ahoy!

The weatherpeople promised a warm sunny Sunday, and boy, did they fail to deliver. It's one of those days where the weather is so grim and unexpected that the day feels surreal and you just feel completely out of sorts. Or at least, that's how I felt, and at one point G turned to me and said, 'Doesn't this day just feel like the last day of the world or something?' So maybe it's just us, but it's REAL.

Our plans of a lengthy bike ride were squashed, so G made a great warm lunch of zuke and watercress soup with toasted turkey and cheese sandwiches. Still mucking about with the new camera and the food mode, so bear with me...



Then for dinner, we opted to go out for Indian Buffet. We went to "Little India" over on Gerrard street and had dinner at the Skylark. I took pics of my food on "food mode" from my camera... and it was too much for the brightness of the restaurant, though I didn't notice it really until I got home. So new camera lesson learned. And to the person who left a comment about the new camera, thanks! I am trying to get the hang of it, but think it's just going to take taking a bunch of pictures until I sort it out!

Anyway, I am going to put a few of the pics I took up...just so you can see what I mean about the frightening colours. Believe me, the food was not frighteningly coloured, it was my photog skills...


Or lack thereof...


That being said, the Skylark was fantastic. Lots of times when we go for Indian buffet, everything tastes similar if not the same. This buffet was totally different from that. I had the most delicious butter chicken, rice, naan dripping with ghee, chana masala, daal, saag paneer, and veggie pakora. The food was all distinct, the flavours were strong without being overpowering, and there was a full restaurant that represented almost comically the melting pot that Toronto is. I do like how the sandwich board sign out front reads, "About 30 years"... we're not sure, but we think it's maybe 30 years... so easy going!

On an unrelated note... on a recent trip to the St. Lawrence market, we saw this van...


Tempting!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails