02 May 2007

The Best Beef Dinner Ever --- no good pics.

Our friend from London (and her lovely lovely baby) were visiting, and G and I wanted to put together a nice spread. So we went to the market... wait...I've been through all that...

So the dinner was amazing. G just seasoned the beef tenderloin with salt and pepper and browned it then roasted it. It was amazing. Good beef makes such a difference. It had a really amazing flavour and was just perfectly cooked. My potatoes were a bit dry, but the cooked zucchini and mini peppers was absolutely lovely. I also bought a beautiful fresh bread from a local bakery to have... Here's the pics...





Yes, I had already begun eating. I am terrible. It looks not so nice and G will be outraged that her beautiful meal gets such shoddy treatment. BUT.......

Anyway... we had Bakewell Tarts. Now. First let me say how much I love the Bakewell Tarts. The same friend introduced them to me at her home in London, and when I saw freshly baked ones at the market, well, yes, I had to buy them for our dessert. She was delighted, said she never haves them so fresh made ones were a right treat! And they were...


Lovely. Really a nice treat.

Sunday found us not wanting to do dishes after a trip to the home renovation store to discuss our kitchen renos. I had a craving for hamburgers, so we decided to make some up. For toppings, we had jalapenos, mashed avocado, local tomatoes and CSA box lettuce, pickles, ketchup, mustard and mayo. Now we each had our own combination of that... Anyway, we just went for baked tortilla chips and salsa for the side. Nice...



Now, unlike most Canadian hamburgers I have had, I do not put anything in my hamburger patty but salt and pepper, and that's even on top. I think, if you use good meat, isn't that the point? And the insides prove it... tastyyyyyy... look at this sexy innard shot...


Oh yeah. Yummy. Overall, a good weekend for food. Nothing too crazy, but all too delicious!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails