26 May 2010

Life...

G's been doing an excellent job posting all of the DELICIOUS food that we've been eating the last few weeks... and how does a girl like me, who's reached her goal weight due to counter all this eating?  RUNNING!  But new gear was needed... and of course, I thought I would blog it...

Yep, a few running shirts, a running skirt, some Teva flip-flops recommended to me years ago by a friend and I never picked any up (and they are COMFORTABLE!!!)... I had already picked up some pants.  But that's not all, no sir.  The warm weather we've been having has meant that even MORE kit was needed...


Right... since I am no longer wearing jackets, I have no place to put my iphone when I run... there's the arm strap.  I needed a visor to help shield my face from the sun AND wipe up sweat (which this one does admirably) and a water belt.  The water belt.  I've debated this one over and over.  I run with a bottle that fits into your hand that's perfectly comfortable.  But it's been so hot that I can't stand carrying it the whole time.  Plus, I am going to need the ability to carry more water soon as my training kicks it up for the half.  So, water belt.  Thanks to all those on the dailymile.com who recommended Nathan products.  It's an absolute dream to wear!

Any running gear YOU particularly love?  Next up for me is a new pair of shoes.  I have been married to my Asics for some time now, but tried on a pair of Brooks Glycerin 8's yesterday and really, it was a swoon worthy moment.  They were amazing but PRICEY!  I don't know anyone who wears them...

And for a blast of food... I took my Mom to NY Fries today for her first taste of poutine.  She loved it!!!  No photos, but trust me, it was good.  :) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails