28 January 2014

Chicken Parmesan Sandwich

I've had a headache for several days and with it, a wicked craving for a chicken parmesan sandwich.


And there it is! Yum!!!

This is what I did so you can do it, too.

I used an Aidan's bun. They are gluten-free. I bought it at the Carrot and while I don't love them, they have a portugese bun-y consistency that works with this type of sandwich. The package is now frozen in my freezer, so I grabbed one, wrapped it in foil, and out it in the oven (425 degrees) for 15 minutes. Took it out, sliced into it, and kept it warm.

Chicken. Pounded out chicken breast. In two bowls, I put in egg mixed with water and another bowl of glutino bread crumbs mixed with salt and pepper, parsley, and garlic powder. I sprayed a pan with cooking spray, laid the chicken out, sprayed with cooking spray, and then put in the 425 oven. I cooked it for about 45 minutes.

I heated up some Archer Farms Arrabiatta sauce. Spread some in the bun. Sprinkled on some shredded cheese. Put the crispy chicken breast on the bun, topped with more sauce and added more shredded mozzarella.

And yeah, it was good. I still have a headache and am so tired that I can barely lift my head, but I have satisfied the chicken parmesan sandwich craving so today is a win!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails