28 April 2008

Chew Chew 'Burger.

Hello. Posts about the stomach will be saved for another day. Instead, let me post about a new diner that has opened in the 'hood, called the Chew Chew Diner.


G and I just had to give it a try. I mean, look at that mural. It's beautiful, and a real improvement over the craptastic building that was there before. (And, so you see, I didn't get the name wrong!)

And if it's a diner, it can only mean one thing... CHEESEBURGER.


So of course, if there's a cheeseburger on the menu, I am going to give it a go. And if it's a day ending in 'y', I gotta try it.



As Gregg Wallace (or Greg with two g's, as he's known around here) would say on MasterChef, "Oh yeahhhhh, right on...that's a good 'burger!" And it was. Oh it was. And coleslaw! Well smack my you-know-what and call me chuckles because that coleslaw was delightful. And the cheeseburger in it's proper format does come with lettuce, but as the smell of heated lettuce makes me wanna hurl, I forgo the same.

I could go on and on. The fries were lovely. Really crisp, homemade feeling. The bun was really good, would have been better if toasted. The cheese was totally melted, the mushrooms were cooked gorgeously, adding just the right amount of brown flavour.

G ordered the open face roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes.



Look at those veg!!! OLD SKOOL! I love it. The roast beef was lovely, the potatoes were really good, and the whole thing just tasted like food when I was a kid. Really fun. We had such a good meal and were full for the whole day!!!

It's on Carlton between Sherbourne and Parliament, and I believe that everyone should go there. Really nice for a good lovely meal. (And they have beer and wine.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails