28 June 2009

Cake!

Of course, you try to stop eating wheat and move on to gluten-free pasta and bread, make the necessary switches to make it easier, and then what comes along but a fierce craving for pineapple upside down cake.


I have really disliked pineapple for my entire life. It's really only about in the last year that I have started liking pineapple. Imagine my shock at being in throes of a full pineapple upside down cake craving!

After a perusal of Bob's Red Mill's website and many blogs, I found a terrific use for the baking mix I bought...


Really good! I cannot for the life of me remember how I made it. I just remember that there was a considerable amount of butter and sugar used. It had that smell that gluten-free flour has. It's a sort of beany almost soury smell. I don't love the smell, but the taste doesn't seem to carry the smell over. The cake was delicious. I need to figure out how to make even smaller versions of the baked goods. I don't need tons of it, but it's nice to have a sweet treat ever so often...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails