28 June 2009

It's been awhile...

I know, it's been awhile.

There are numerous reasons. Lots of little things, at a conference in Vegas, work has been crazy, home has been crazy, I have been sick. But in reality, I think I just needed a bit of a break. I started feeling really overwhelmed by everything, updates on facebook, twitter, the blog, emails, and I finally had to start de-technologicalizing myself. (Is that a word?) So it's been a bit without facebook and twitter and I have to say *breathing a sigh of relief* it's better. I feel so much better being alive and in the moment. I feel a bit in control again.

Plus, it would seem that issue with wheat is more of an intolerance. So it's going to pop up from time to time on my blog, but hopefully not in any considerable amount! The food/illness thing has been very very overwhelming and I am still trying to make it all okay with myself, so you're just going to have to roll with it with me for awhile. It will become second nature, I know that.

So in the spirit of trying to live in the moment, G and I received our first CSA meat and veg box!!! Our meat haul is a bit much for two girls: loads of steaks and hamburger patties, a whole giant chicken, and a giant chicken split in half. Yummy! Our first veg wasn't so entirely spectacular, but it's early days for the harvest. Lettuce, spinach, asparagus, spring onions, and LOADS of rhubarb. We were amazed at the size of our chickens, and with a tiny freezer, we knew we had to roast the seven pounder all at once.


That is one half of one of the chicken breasts. I couldn't eat it all! We overcooked the asparagus a bit, but it was our first of the season and it was amazing. We stirred some of the green onion (chopped very finely) into the mashed potato. Not super innovative, no, but very delicious all the same. We really enjoyed the first fruits of our lovely CSA farms labour!

(The farm we have started using is the Cooper's CSA Farm located in Uxbridge, Ontario. It's really fantastic. We sadly missed the Open House, but have greatly enjoyed the delicious food and veg that we have been getting! Finding a fantastic CSA farm to get both meat and veg has been wonderful.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails