24 May 2008

Random.

Life has been a bit hectic of late. My assistant at work gave her notice (and her last day was yesterday), so there's been an enormous amount of stress at work that has led to me being quite headachey and really fairly immobile when not at the office. Which doesn't lend well to keeping up with a blog, a relationship, fitness, or life.

But, we've spent a lovely day playing with our new Wii Fit (which rules!), reading magazines, watching soccer, and going to the St. Lawrence market this morning. Last weekend, we had friends over, and I was sick the entire time AND it rained. Double krap.

Anyway, here's a few things I have been meaning to post about, just lying around in their "post me" folders on my desktop.

Late nights have led to quickie dinners. The other night, a pasta with chili and oil... really a favorite of mine.

How can you not want to eat that big ol' lovely bowl of pasta. (This was a gluten-free, for those keeping track. Since I mentioned it, my tests are in a week, so hopefully we will have some decisions made on the stomach at that point... of course, I will let you know!)

I don't know if you have food cravings like this, but I knew that the only thing I really wanted to have for dinner was tzatziki I mean, that was the taste I wanted, with some sort of red meat and rice. So on my way home from work, I stopped in at Cumbrae's and bought some beautiful kabobs and tzatziki!



Yum yum yum. Simple but satisfying.  No sauce in that pic, but it was truly the reason for the season.

I had been told that Hair of the Dog had a lovely brunch, and looking for something rich and satisfying on a cool Sunday morning, G and I wandered in for a taste. 

I had this 'thing'. I don't know how else to describe it, though I am sure it was described differently on the menu. It was a scalloped potato, ham, veg, cheese, eggs, hollandaise, all dumped in a bowl.

Don't believe me?



See? I told you so! It wasn't bad, it just... well, it just tasted like a big ass bowl of too many different types of food. I wouldn't order it again. But I left full and geared for our long walk up to the Cookbook Store to spend my raise.

Good times. I love the Cookbook Store.

So yeah, just a bunch of random stuff.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails