24 December 2009

Merry Christmas!!!

Look at that face. Buddy is here to tell you that we take Christmas very seriously in this house, and so should you!!!

I am home for the holidays and glad I am. We're having a pretty serious blizzard outside, and so we are all huddled in, watching holiday movies, eating pie, and basking in holiday cheer. Buddy on the other hand wants to know what all the hoopla is about! Wait til he gets his present tomorrow, he'll be impressed then!

My family bought me a new Christmas ornament this year...


It's a skinny reindeer (to celebrate my hitting my goal weight! go me!) who's making what I can only assume are light but delicious cookies. G's ornament is a penguin, celebrating her love of the animal...

Cute!

We also had Christmas dinner today -- most of the pictures turned out to be kind of crap, but never fear. In addition to the two photog classes under my belt, I have now also purchased a Nikon D60 guide! (Thanks Aunt Linda for the Barnes and Noble gift card!!!) We'll ALL benefit from my taking better pics, no two ways about it!

But, I liked my photo of the dressing...


Yum! My brother makes AWESOME dressing. And this year, I decided to make stuffed mushrooms. I used an onion, celery, mushroom, and sausage mix to stuff. I finally convinced my brother to try it, and he LOVED it, so we mixed the leftover mushroom stuffing into the regular stuffing that David had prepared. It was FANTASTIC!

Also new this year was a proper holiday ham cooked on the bone and glazed...


YUM. Mom and I really liked it. D felt it had too much of a smokey smell. But man alive, it was so meaty and juicy and sweet. I really really enjoyed it.

And then we had to partake in D's pumpkin pie. Amazing.


It was so delicious.

And, I have a confession to make. We have pecan pie most years and I have always just hated it on principle. I don't know what principle that is, really, but I have never been interested in it. But, this year, I tried a bite of my mom's. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS. Really, I could have lived my whole life NOT knowing how delicious that pie is because now I just want to go in and eat the remaining pie with my fingers! Wow.

If you are in the midwest/southern US right now, stay safe on the roads. Just looking out the windows here, I am so glad that I don't have anywhere I need to be and that we're all safe and sound inside where it's warm! :)

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails