10 February 2007

Meals meals meals!

I am in between jobs right now, which is great fun for the part of me that likes to cook, not to mention the enormous part of me that likes to sleep! Tomorrow, I am going to try to make my most favorite food of them all... Cassoulet. I am making the 'easy' option from the Gourmet cookbook that I received over Christmas.

Anyway, last week, in a need to make dinner out of things lying about the house, I made a chicken and chickpea curry from some Jewish archival site. See for yourself...



It was strange-ish because you floured and fried the chicken before you put it in chicken broth to cook for 45 minutes or so. But it was tasty... I can't remember the name of that site, or I would put it on the website.

Anyway, on a very bright and sunny day, I took a picture of G's herb garden, our little urban oasis. It sits in the sun room in the front of our place, it's so nice. You can see how beautiful it is with the light...



This morning, G and I took a very brisk but comfy walk to St. Lawrence Market, and bought some lovely potatoes and beets at the market, and a really nice Ontario raised chicken to have for dinner. Due to the cassoulet tomorrow, we also bought a considerable amount of duck confit and sausage. We took two big backpacks and drudged everything home, in the crazy snow squall!

G made a fantastic roast chicken tonight, and I have a totally NOT fantastic picture of it to share...



The plate of full dinner came out better... I have noticed that there is no suitable light for picture taking! This was in the sun room, but at night, with just the pale lighting that we have...



And then, there's always the random picture of kitty cats. We have two cats, Bello and Sasha. They don't like each other, Sasha hates me, and yet, we all try to live together peacefully. The two cats don't like each other but will sometimes decide to sleep together on the bed... and I have photographic proof! Here is the photo Sasha doesn't want you to see...



Of course, it is a bit mad trying to find both of them on this messy unmade bed.

Otherwise, there's nothing more to see here. I will be posting tomorrow to show the cassoulet extravaganza. Wish me luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails