01 January 2009

BBQ in Broken Arrow.

Living in Toronto has a bit cramped my BBQ loving style. Now I will grant you, there are some okay places. But there's nothing GREAT and so it happens, every year when I start to fly over the great state of Oklahoma in the giant metal bird, I start craving bbq.

This year, we wanted to try something a bit different. We'd heard that Stone Mill BBQ was quite good and decided to give it a go.

It feels like a bit like it's in the middle of nowhere...but it's really worth the drive...

First off, I had myself a big ol' glass of iced tea.


Ahhhh. Iced tea at home is a thing of beauty. No sugar or sweetener. Just a delicious pot of delicious brewed tea icey goodness. I love it.

But I don't drive out to Broken Arrow to have iced tea. (In reality, I don't need to leave to home to have iced tea, my brother's is the absolute best on the planet earth. He has a system, don't ask.)

What I did drive out to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma for was some bbq. And I got the three meat platter...


Alrighty then! It's smoked polish sausage, the most AMAZING chopped brisket I have ever had, and luscious smoked pork tenderloin, complemented by fried okra (the best my Mom said she's ever had), baked beans (score!) and some meh potato salad. And a pickle, and a peppe, and an onion slice.

Now I am not embarrassed to say that I ate just about every bite of this. Hey! It was lunch time and the only thing I'd had to eat that day... AND I am not at all embarrassed to say that I also ate more than a healthy serving of these...


Yep, the best fries. Really really really good. We hadn't ordered fries, not as a side, not at all. But the table next to us did. They looked so amazing that my brother and I had to get a side to share. Whoa.

So the bbq at Stone Mill is pretty nice. I really enjoyed it and would absolutely go back again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails