24 January 2011

Chicken Paprikash

Wowie. It's been a non-stop cook-at-home-a-thon lately.

And I have to tell you, this time of year, when it's dark at noon (or so it seems), the photos are total crap.  Please spare a little patience when you see the photos...

Last week, we had a giant chicken breast to cook.  What to do what to do?  I tend to like saucy noodle- things, and I had recently read a recipe for chicken paprikash on weightwatchers.ca that sounded good.  I had also read a recipe in the little insert in Olive magazine for beef paprikash that sounded even better, so I took matters into my own hands and combined them up and made...

Chicken Paprikash on Noodles

Chicken cut into little pieces, mixed with mushrooms, onions, red pepper and LOTS and LOTS of smoked paprika.  Really nice served over some no yolk really white looking egg noodles and sour cream.  It was small in points but delicious in flavour.

I used my new technique of frying in a little cooking spray and then, when that dries out, just adding little bits of water to keep it going.  It really works!!!  So see, you learned something from me today.

And here's another free nugget of wisdom... don't put reddish food on an orange plate in a darkish room and take a photo.  Flash, no flash, it's all crap.  But the food?  The FOOD is delish!!!

1 comment:

Sonia Gil said...

Loveely post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails