02 January 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

Whew!  What a whirlwind this year has been!!!

I managed to keep my weight steady and maintain my Weight Watchers weight loss, I ran in two 10Ks, 2 5Ks, AND a half-marathon!  I went to Mexico City and tasted some delicious Mexican food.  I bought a house. I had a good work/life balance and some solid work achievements.  Went to TIFF and saw Keanu Reeves up close and personal.  Sang-along at Nuit Blanche. Went on a cruise of the Western Caribbean and spent a week on a beach in the Dominican.  Went to Tulsa for Xmas. What I didn't do was cook a lot of anything interesting or even, for the most part, eat out anywhere interesting.  And when I did, I didn't take photos.

If I had to do it over, I would have liked to have blogged more, taken a few more photos, and kept up with it all a bit better.  But I would be lying if I said that this year didn't have some really amazing moments.

I am amazed constantly at how much weight I have lost (just about 30 pounds, with a goal this year to lose about 8 more), how different I look, how different I feel, and that I can safely say for the first time ever that I am a runner.  I feel pretty good being me these days, and really, it's hard to write about that stuff without sounding overly smug, so I think I shied away from posting because of it.

But no longer....

So first up...

Christmas home with the fam.  YIPPIE!  Good year!

We went to El Guapo for Mexican food.  Delicious and really nice.  I absolutely loved it.  It was sensational and a really fun restaurant in downtown.  Would go back in a second.  No photos of my delicious combo plate, but get there and enjoy yourself.


For Christmas dinner, we broke with tradition COMPLETELY and had G's mom's brisket for dinner with oven roasted potatoes (as seen on Nigella), broccoli cheese that I made from scratch, green beans, dinner rolls, and roasted carrots.  Really really good.


As you can see, this was a nice looking plate of food and a really really rewarding Christmas dinner.  It was the first time in my 38 years that we had a different dinner, and nobody died.  I completely enjoyed every morsel of it.    

Also, in Tulsa, I really really like Smashburger.  I know it's a chain and all that jazz, but it's so freaking delicious.  Super good hamburgers.  

Then home to find myself back on the Weight Watchers with the brand spankin' new plan.  Have you checked this out?  It's insane. I am still finding my way around it, and keep telling myself that WW works and I will sort it out and be fine.  :)  It's all good. 

But it's HAPPY NEW YEAR'S world-round right now, and we had a GREAT New Year's Eve!  G very generously took me and her brother and his wife to a lavish dinner at Origin.  

No pics of the food, but we managed to take one of us...


Hey!  It was dark in there!!!  I am the bugs bunny toothed one to the side.  

I also took one of the amazing light fixture in the Warhol Room...



The food was amazing and we had the absolute nicest waitress in the world.  Lots of food was had including their delicious devilled eggs, bangkok beef salad, duck wrap (DRROOOOOLLLLL), black cod (sigh), manchego rice/chorizo/poached egg (deliciousness personified), and chocolate cake.  Throw in a bottle of prosecco, a jameison and ginger ale, and it was one amazingly memorable meal.  It was a good good-bye to 2010.

This year, I have a few goals lined up for myself and am going to use this blog to share the journey.  Food, running, working out with the Wii, and making delicious, healthy food to help G and I on our journey.  Plus, we move into the new house in just over a month!  Stay tuned and thanks for reading. 

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails