03 August 2007

Shawarma me baby!!!

I may have discussed this before, but I really love shwarma. It's not something that we had in good ol' OK, USA, at least not something I was aware of. So it is has been with great pleasure that I have embraced the world of the shwarma!

And yes, I do have a favorite shwarma place in Toronto. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean that there aren't a million other good places. A particular fave is the Armenian Kitchen. But my very fave... well...



Doner Kebab House on Yonge and Gerrard.

And the red stuff is hot sauce. Lots of hot sauce. But it's unlike any hot sauce I know. It's hot, but not killer, only the slightest bit of sweet, but BURSTING with flavour. It is a triumph. Honestly.

And what does this triumph cost? Well, for the plate you see here, under the hot sauce there is meat shawarma, rice (which is beyond delish), potato, and a side salad is $6.99. Oh yeah. There's no stopping the love.

Doner Kebab.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails