25 October 2008

Birthday Festivities!

It was recently my birthday. Yep, I am a year older. Hopefully a year wiser. It's been a good year in most respects. I have a great job, a happy relationship, good friends, and the desire to keep going, so really, it's been a successful year.

For my birthday, G treated me to the best gift of all. The gift of the NFL!


That's right, for my birthday, G found a tour package that basically drives you to Buffalo in a coach, you get to have a tail-gate party, AND you get tickets to see the Buffalo Bills. Now, I am a Patriots fan, don't get me wrong, but I was thrilled to get to see an NFL game in person! AND a tail-gate party! Woo hoo! (I've got lots of layers on in this photo, but it wasn't that cold, really. I was quite comfortable...)

How was the food?

See for yourself... here's my lunch plate...


I had a hamburger, pasta salad, potato salad and green salad. YUM! We also had beer, but I didn't really drink any. They also had sausages... as per G's plate below...


I took some photos of the prep...


This was the area of our tail gate party. There were tail-gaters ABSOLUTELY everywhere. It was completely insane.


There's the sausages cooking up...


You got to grab your own salads, which was nice. Really, the food was delicious. It wasn't gourmet, but it didn't need to be. We walked around, looked at all the booths, got some free Smart Water, and sat through the game... The game was brilliant. Lots of fun... (And the Bills won!)

See for yourself...



(This guys hat was plastic, and a real crowd pleaser!)

If you ever feel like going to a game and you are in the GTA, this is the way to do it! The company, Toursport, also does hockey games, and really, they plan for everything. On the way home, you can just sit back and relax and let someone else drive! It's fantastic! (And probably one of the best birthday gifts ever.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails