25 October 2008

Restaurants By the Office.

We had going away drinks after work recently because one of the team was moving on to different pastures. We went to a sports bar nearby and ordered an assortment of pub food...


This was the assortment platter. Aren't you glad that I explained that to you? It might not have been clear... ha ha. There were onion rings, nachos, wings, cheese sticks... sheesh! If it was fried it was on this platter!

I ordered my old college days favorite, potato skins...


They were really heavy, but delicious! :)

It was sad to see my co-worker go. The office is not the same, but I am happy that she has found something that she really wants to be doing... go her!

Anyway, after a semi-late night at work, G met me at the office since she was out and about at a work function, as well. We ate at this Indian restaurant nearby called Jaaadu. I had never been there, but it looked warm and inviting...

We ordered a few different things...

Lamb Malaidar, a rich lamb stew with spinach...


And Mattar Paneer...


And Chicken Biriyani...


Okay, so the sauce on the lamb dish was OUT OF THIS WORLD. It was so delightfully flavourful in a way that I can't begin to explain but could eat buckets of. It was so fantastic.

The mattar paneer was strangely sweet. The paneer was good, but the sauce was incredibly thick... really unpleasantly so.

And the star of the show was the chicken biriyani. It was unbelievably delicious. The chicken was really perfectly cooked, the rice was flavourful, the egg was lovely (and eaten by the time this photo was snapped!)... just really enjoyable in every way. I had biriyani at a restaurant in West Ealing (just outside of London, UK) that was the best I had ever had. This biriyani really hit that mark. I certainly enjoyed the dinner and would go back, and I would love to get the biriyani for takeaway one day for lunch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails