14 December 2008

G and the Amazing Slow Stewed Meat.

Recently, while browsing the meat aisle at Whole Foods, I came across some short ribs that were on sale. Now, I don't like to eat meat on the bone, and had no idea what to do with such a thing, but I figured that G could sort it out. So I bought them and came home and promptly put them in the freezer.

Turns out, G had an inspiration! After our delightful taco experience (see below), she really wanted to make something Mexican inspired, and found this great recipe at fronterakitchens.com: Beef Short Ribs with Tomatoes, Poblanos and Herbs. And man was it fantastic!



Yeah. I know. It was even better than it looks. We heated up a TON of small corn tortilla shells, warmed through some canned pinto beans, and made amazing tacos with all that delicious and tasty meat.

G really is fearless when it comes to trying new things in the kitchen, and I for one am thrilled no end. This was such a great meal and while G made the viddles, let's be fair... had I not bought the short ribs on crazy sale at Whole Foods, it never would have happened. So yeah, back to me. I rule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes . . . back to you, for sure. Luckily I had the cohones to cook them or it'd just be freezer burned and in the bin!

- G

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails