02 May 2009

Trying Something New in the Neighborhood.

We were really excited to see a nice new diner open in our neighborhood and were keen to give it a try. We walked in to a restaurant that was, for the most part, totally empty. Their breakfast menu wasn't complete yet, so she told us what they had and then gave us the dinner menu.

It was an odd mix of stuff that didn't seem to make much sense. But what the hey, as the kids used to say, we ordered up some grub.

G had the fish and chips.


Hmmm. Frozen fish from a package (I believe) with okay fries and salad. It also came with some incredibly rich soup that G couldn't eat. It was okay. I mean, it wasn't bad, not at all, but it wasn't really good either. It;s just not something you'd go out to eat for, do you know what I mean?

I ordered the breakfast sandwich with bacon on a bagel. (I was about a week away from having to give up wheat, so I was a wee bit wheat happy.) Meh. The bagel wasn't toasted so it was too chewy to eat properly. It made a major mess.


The home fries were good. The tomato was yuck. It just didn't make sense, any of it. The sandwich was good, though. It had a nice mayo on it and the bacon was really nice and not fatty. I didn't NOT enjoy it, but I didn't enjoy it either.

So, I would maybe go back after they've been open for awhile (if they make it awhile), but it wasn't worth the money even though they decorated so nicely and were incredibly friendly. I am not giving the name because I didn't write overly nice things about the place. But if you live near Wellesley and Sherbourne, maybe give it a try and see what you think.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails