06 May 2009

When the cat's away...

G was out of town. And that means PORK for dinner!

I had always wanted to make a pork loin, but I didn't know where to start. I went to Cumbrae's and bought a small pork loin and came home and got online to find a recipe. I combined a few recipes and came up with a delicious pork loin!.


I marinated the pork loin in dijon mustard mixed with a little oil, a sprinkle of chili powder, rosemary, garlic, and salt. I then baked it in the overn until done. I then made a little dipping sauce of mayonnaise thinned out with a tiny bit of water and combined with a bit of paprika. I made a "risotto" with orzo pasta and peas, cooked in chicken broth and then mixed with butter and parmesan cheese. I finished the meal with the leftover bread from the canneloni I had made.

DELISH!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails