12 April 2007

Day One Post Migraine -- My friend Wendy and Soup!

Yesterday was a day filled with a very massive migraine, so food consisted of mac-n-cheese at night with a can of ginger ale. Not good food blogging.

But today, I felt like a new me!!! So for breakfast, I had the lovely ladies in the cafe downstairs make me a piece of toast with butter, which I washed down with half a gatorade, which really does help with headache hangover.

From there, I decided that I was going to have Wendy's for lunch. I had a spicy chicken sandwich with a small fries.


This piece of chicken was so big. It was delicious. I did take a picture of the innards of that sandwich. It was delish. My one day of fast food a week is so good. Just like the chicken sandwich.


Anyway, so back to work I went, work work work, with thoughts of Giada de Laurentis's lovely easy soup on my mind. I went to the store after work and got a container of fresh cheese tortellini and raced home to make the soup.

It's so easy. You take ready made chicken broth (or your own, whatever) and bring it to the boil. You drop in some cheese tortellini, and cook it through, then you have soup! A little parm and pepper on top, and the option of parsley, which I didn't exercise. It was so tasty.


At the store, I also decided to make cheese things. What on earth are cheese things? Well, they have a long history with my family. When I was a kid, my step-mother used to make these things we called cheese things. I think she got the recipe from a pizza place or something. I have to confess, I have bettered the recipe... here's how I make it... WAIT... first, here's how it looked today...


You buy french bread sandwich rolls, then cut them in half. Put a little butter. I then rub some fresh garlic, then sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes, dried parsley and dried basil. You put on a piece of mozzarella cheese, wrap it in foil and then stick it in the over for 25 minutes or so at 400degrees. YUM! While it did make this a cheese heavy meal, it was still crazy good.

All in all, a bit of a heavy bread day, but I really needed that heavy comfort-y food after feeling totally beaten down yesterday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails