22 April 2007

Organic shwarma?! At a price!

We have had an internet outage over the last couple of days for reasons that are beyond us, so between working late and no internet has meant no updates...

Thanks to one of my co-workers, I discovered an organic meat shwarma restaurant in the neighborhood... It totally rocks!



I don't know the name of the place, but it's not particularly fast, but the meat is peppery and not from a factory farm (and the price reflects that)... You get a selection of toppings, tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, pickles, hot peppers, beets, onions, etc. I believe it's as organic as they can get everything, and it's really just a nice happy place. The restaurant itself has a real New York.

You can get a side salad with your sandwich. You can choose from a greek salad or this array of handmade salads, including chickpea salad, beet salad, couscous, etc. I had my favorite rice and lentil salad...


Delish. It's very lemony, but it's really nice.

Overall, the food there is really nice. The price ($11 for the combo with a can of soda) is a bit steep for lunch, but since you are supporting the organic aspect of their restaurant, I can't help but think it's a good once a week option.

It does allow you to feel better about the food you are eating. I find lunch is the hardest time to eat 'responsibly'. There are scant few places that have really healthy reasonably priced alternatives, and I am not organized enough of a morning to bring my lunch... though I am working on doing it the night before. It's a process, but I am getting there.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails