23 August 2008

Everybody Likes Sandwiches' Pasta.

I love the food blog Everybody Likes Sandwiches. It's one of my favorites because she always makes lovely things that I would like to eat... and then I was moved to act by the tale of two pastas...


I made the creamy tomato pasta at the link above, and added some chicken (because we had just bought a new grill pan that afternoon and I needed to try it...).

It was AMAZING. The pasta we bought at the St. Jacob's Market and it was actually way way way too thick for this sauce, but the sauce was so tasty and really fresh and lovely. I enjoyed it.

I followed her recipe pretty closely, and then just grilled the chicken with salt and pepper. I have a massive weakness for pasta with chicken. This will definitely be made again...

Here's the recipe... I hope ELS's doesn't mind...

creamy spaghetti with 2 kinds of tomatoes
250 g spaghetti
3 fresh tomatoes, diced
4 sun dried tomatoes, diced
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 heaping T basil pesto
salt & pepper
1 T olive oil
3 T goat cheese
zest & juice from 1 lemon
handful of fresh basil, torn

Prepare pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, pesto, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic together in a large bowl. Let the flavours meld as the pasta cooks. Add the drained pasta, goat cheese, basil, zest and lemon juice to the bowl, toss well so the pasta gets coated everything and serve. Mmmmmmm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails