04 March 2007

New job and new sick.

It's been a bit since I posted... Last week was supposed to be my first week at my new job, and it was in one sense...(completely personal post, don't read if you don't care!)

I started on Tuesday with complete laryngitis. It seemed odd, since I hadn't really been sick, just cold symptoms for a couple of days, but whatever, go with the flow. So I went to my new job without being able to talk, and it went well. Then the next day, I was feeling a bit worse, voice was better, but still wasn't feeling what anyone would consider to be well. Then it hit me. Woke up Thursday, eyes completely stuck together, coughing, chest hurt, voice better, but feeling totally crappy, so I took a shower, and when I got out... I freaked.

My eyes were DEMON red. I have never seen anything like it. But I am a trooper, so I go to work, shut the door of my new office, and try to just soldier through. But I was extremely embarrassed. Mortified would be the best phrase for it. Then the boss came in and said, 'Look, I know it's your first week and that you don't want to go home sick, but go home. You need to get better!' So I called my doctor, made an appt to see her that afternoon and took off after getting a couple of things done in the office. I went home and decided that I just needed sleep, a massive snow storm hit, I decided not to go to the doctor.

Then I got out of bed and looked in the mirror. Demon eyes oozing, coughing up ick, naw, I thought I'd better go to the doctor. I get to the doctor's office, walk in her office, she turns to look at me and says, "Ooh, don't touch me, you're contagious!" Turns out, I had a chest infection and an eye infection in both eyes. So she gave me some rx, and sent me out the door while washing her hands in hot water. THANKS!

So the bad news is, I had to call in sick on Friday, but the good news, after two and a half days in bed and tons of medication and many glasses of water, I am much much better. My eyes look normal again, I am coughing a normal amount, and I can be out of bed for more than ten minutes without feeling like I am about to pass out, so it's all good. Tomorrow, I am back on the job, and going to have to do ALOT to make up for this past week. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails